Here's what the South Piedmont 3A conference basketball tournaments are shaping up after Monday's first-round games (scores below):
(1) Jay M. Robinson def. (8) Mount Pleasant 80-22
Central Cabarrus def. (5) A.L. Brown 46-41
Concord def. (6) Hickory Ridge 67-55
(7) Cox Mill def. (2) Northwest Cabarrus 50-45
Concord def. (8) Mount Pleasant 69-51
(4) Cox Mill def. (5) Central Cabarrus 58-54
Northwest Cabarrus def. (6) Jay M. Robinson 71-70
(2) A.L. Brown def. (7) Hickory Ridge 74-50
Semifinals (All played at Concord High)
(1) Jay M. Robinson vs. (4) Central Cabarrus – Wednesday 6 p.m.
(7) Cox Mill vs. (3) Concord – Wednesday 7:30 p.m.
(1) Concord vs. (4) Cox Mill – Tuesday 6 p.m.
(3) Northwest Cabarrus vs. (2) A.L. Brown – Tuesday 7:30 p.m.
Roses leads Cannon at 3A swim meet
Cannon School's girls' swimming team was fourth at the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association 3A swim meet on Monday in Greensboro.
The Lady Cougars were led by the 200-yard medley championship relay team of Diana Dale, Maija Roses, Darby West and Isabella Jacoby. The same quartet finished second in the 200-yard freestyle relay.
Roses, a junior, won the 200-yard individual medley and the 100-yard breaststroke state championships.
The Cannon boys placed 10th.
For more, check out the full meet results.